Birkenhead Point Marina is the largest privately owned floating marina on Sydney Harbour comprising of 201 fully serviced marina berths, member facilities, world-class suites, full service refuelling, five star club lounge and integrated kitchen. The marina directly connects to Sydney’s first-class brand outlet centre Birkenhead Point, providing convenient and direct access to top quality restaurants, international fashion and lifestyle brands, as well as supermarkets and a medical centre.
The marina is located in the quiet “no-wash” zone in Iron Cove Bay, Drummoyne a quick 10 minutes by road or water to the Sydney CBD and an easy 30 minutes cruising to Sydney Heads.
Unique from any other marina on Sydney Harbour, Birkenhead Point Marina in 2018 and again in 2021 was awarded the highest possible accreditation under the Global Gold Anchor Scheme with 5-Gold Anchor Platinum status. Making Birkenhead Point Marina the first marina on Sydney Harbour to achieve this status and maintain it. With only eight other marinas across the world holding the coveted title, it recognises the marinas abundance of luxury, unrivalled location on Sydney Harbour and its world-class members facilities.
Late May 2021 Birkenhead Point Marina was awarded the highly coveted Club Marine Marina of the Year Award for over 140 berths. This award is in recognition of commitment to service, exemplary business practices, environmental responsibility and industry excellence.
Why moor your boat at Birkenhead Point Marina:
- Experienced Marina Staff: Our staff are qualified in Maritime Operations and have completed their Master 5 commercial boat drivers certification. The Marina Manager, Philip McGowen is also a fully certified Marina Manager issued by the International Marina Institute. Combined, our team offers over 70 years of boating experience and are available 7 days per week to handle any enquiries or assist you at any time.
- Services for New Boat Owners: If you’re a new boat owner or new to our Marina, we’ll also provide assistance setting up your berth. We have an experienced boat driving instructor with 35 years experience available for lessons if required and our goal is to make your transition into our Marina as easy as possible.
- Land Based Facilities: A first of its kind on Sydney Harbour, Birkenhead Point Marina is now a complete full service marina for the boat owner providing our tenants with an architecturally designed club lounge equipped with Wi-Fi, Foxtel, lounge suites and kitchen located along the marina promenade opposite the A Arm gate. Our seven well-appointed bathroom suites are fully serviced for your comfort and stocked with fresh linen. A new state of the art laundry, featuring washer and dryer has been installed along with new locker room and storage facilities to complete our marina. Click here for more Marina Club Lounge details.
- Berths: We’ve over 200 berths offering a variety of size options ranging up to 45 metres in length to suit your needs and budget. Each berth is also fitted out with a modern floating pontoon system or you may find our new on water dry boat storage a better solution for your vessel, this caters for boats up to 28 feet in length or to a maximum weight of 4.3 tonnes, for more information click here permanent, casual and shopping berths.
- Fuel & Kiosk: Refuel and stock up on day trip necessities at our Kiosk. We have three Diesel and Premium Unleaded 98 Shell fuel bowsers available with an additional diesel bowser fitted with cam-lock to provide up to 250 litres per minute. Our qualified Marina staff will be on hand to assist you tying up and re-fuelling. Pump out will also be available on the fuel wharf for a nominal fee.
- Power & Water: Options of 15 AMP, 32 AMP, 63 AMP and 125 AMP. Fresh water is also available at each berth to fill your tanks and wash your boat.
- Security: 24/7 on-site security and video surveillance.
- Parking: Each Marina tenant is offered car parking at Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet, which is located just a short stroll to the Marina’s water’s edge. View carpark location.
- Valet Parking: Each Marina tenant will have access to the Birkenhead Point Marina Valet service on weekends 9.00am - 6.00pm and for special events. The next time you want to use the Valet service at Birkenhead Point Marina, simply go to the Valet Parking icon on the home page and follow the links to make your booking. View valet parking location carpark location.
- Drop Off/Pick Up Point: Located close to the water’s edge at the end of Roseby Street, we provide you a secure drop off and pick up point to unload your vehicle before parking with complementary trolleys to assist moving heavy or bulky items to your boat. Click here to see where the Drop Off/Pick Up Bay is located.
- Location: Only 10 minutes drive from Sydney CBD and 30 minutes by boat to Sydney Heads and the secluded water access only Store Beach. We’re situated in a No Wash Zone in the Iron Cove Bay, adjacent to the Parramatta River, this ensures minimal movement of your vessel from boats using the Iron Cove Bay.
- Emergency Berthing: In case of an emergency such as engine failure or unpredicted weather conditions, we have emergency berthing available to ensure the safety of all our tenants and your vessel.
- Private Rest Rooms: All marina tenants are provided access to our Private Rest Rooms (including male and female toilets and showers) which also have secure locker facilities to keep your belongings safe.
- Our Own Boat: We have our own Marina Tender in 2D Survey to assist you where necessary (for a small fee).
- Catering: Catering is available from cafés and restaurants within Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet with delivery to your vessel provided. Ask our team for more information on catering.
- PIRMP: For full details regarding our pollution incident response management plan please click here.
- Visiting vessels outside our international waters: All vessels entering Sydney Harbour and docking at Birkenhead Point Marina should empty their salt water tanks prior to entering international waters (this is up to 12 nautical miles from land). This is to avoid any contamination from international sources and to protect our waterways, environment and fish species.